Need some Zing in your life? Gotta get rid of your lemons? Try make these delicious Lemon and Macadamia nut cookies (add white chocolate if you want something sweet), I promise you, you will have no regrets. These cookies are guilt free and did I mention that these are scrumptious?
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 10 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, maple syrup and lemon zest together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla, and beat just until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl, and mix until combined.
- Mix in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate.
- The dough will be sticky, so chill it for about 30 minutes.
- Once the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Line two large baking sheets with baking paper. Using a spoon or your hands, form the dough into a ball as much as possible.
- Place the balls of dough on the cookie sheets spacing them 4cm apart. Bake one sheet at a time on the middle rack of the oven for 12-14 minutes, or until the middle is completely set. Cool on a wire rack. Cookies can be stored in an air tight container at room temperature.
8. Enjoy! Serve with fresh lemonade (~: